Wednesday, March 16, 2011

6mm Hammer's Slammers Arrive

Old Crow Models finally came out with their initial offerings in 6mm for David Drake's Hammer's Slammers, and my order arrived yesterday. There was yelling and dancing all around.

I won't post pics, the Old Crow link above does as good a job as I can do. The blowers are bigger than I expected, they'd squash a M1. The combat cars are neat, the body is resin but the crew area is a metal bit that drops in, with 3 gunners and suitcases and ammo crates on the roof.

Before Xmas I picked up the infantry and skimmers from GZG, as well as some opposition, so whenever the painting table is cleared off (2012?), I have another project nicely self-contained. For rules I have Dirtside II and FUBAR (both free) to decide between. Dirtside II was always my intention, but FUBAR looks like it'll be a bit easier to get into and play. I may end up using both, DS2 for "heavy" gaming, FUBAR as a casual game.

Hopefully tonight I'll get some more VSF pictures up, the killer gingerbread house is just about done.

No comments:

Post a Comment